Shield knitted fabric GUARD
Work in many areas of human activity such as modern warfare, medicine, security, transport, energy, ICT and other is usually under conditions of high EMR, which significantly exceed regulatory standards. On the other hand modern ICT tools must be protected from copying the information. All this requires new methods and tools to counter these factors.
For many activities in our daily lives it is necessary to use a protective shield against electromagnetic radiation (EMR). Very often, these shields have to be made of soft and sheer fabrics. One option is to put into practice the achievements of science and technology, including several advanced technical and technological products of textile fabrics. The structure of textiles includes electrically conductive fibers. For them metal items, such as silver, copper, bronze, gold and others are used.
Our project involves the production of knitted fabric GUARD with built-in metal thread for protection against EMR. A utility model is registered in the Patent Office of the technology of production.
Fabric GUARD has a high degree of attenuation of electromagnetic energy, which is its main feature, but it is also characterized with many additional advantages that make it competitive and attractive, such as draping ability (ethereality), softness, flexibility, strength, resistance to external influences and good physiological and hygienic properties.
Test results of samples of fabric GUARD show that the attenuation rate for different frequency ranges from 40 to 70 dB. Our fabric has screening ability when the waves are polarized parallel to the embedded metal strip. To obtain an equally attenuation in all directions it is recommended a double screen, like two layers of the fabric are arranged perpendicularly to one another.
Technical characteristics and structure:
- Width of the fabric: 1700 mm
- Textile base - PES 83 dtex
- Metal thread - 0,050 мм Cu&Sn
- Color: white or blacky
- Weight: 120 - 150 g/m2
- Protective properties (reflection/attenuation):
- up 40 dB (99,99%) at frequencies 30 MHz - 600 MHz
- 20-40 dB (99%-99,99%) at frequencies 600 MHz - 18000 MHz
- 1 kg contains: 7,7m2 ±5% or 4,5 linear meters ±5%
- Temperature Range: -30oC to +50oC
- Abrasion Resistance: 200 cycles
- Washing: no higher than 30 ℃. Wash as few as possible to prevent improper washing to affect shielding effectiveness, softly wash by hand, no wring, with neutral detergent. To dry in the shade. Do not dry clean.
- Ironing: without steam on low heat 115oC
- Fabric quality: However, due to the high production costs and in favor of a reasonable retail price, tiny defects (e.g. a flaw in weaving) are no reason for complaint. We appreciate your understanding.